What should I do if my child is absent from school?
Proper documentation to the attendance office must be provided.
- Parent note (you are allowed 10 parent notes per school year). Absences due to extenuating circumstances should be addressed with the student's principal.
- Doctor note (eye, dental, etc.) Provide only the original note, no copies.
- Funeral note (include the service program or obituary).
- If you sign your child out for any reaso you must still provide a written note for the remainder of that day in order for the absence to be excused.
- All notes should be turned in within five days of the absence.
How will I be notified if my child has unexcused absences?
- You will be notified by school messenger (automated) wien your child is absent for even one class period.
- You will receive a "truancy warning letter" by mail upon three unexcused absences within a four week period.
- It is extremely important to keep address and telephone information current with the school
- For questions regarding attendance, please call the THS front office at 215-7000.